Tik Tok, or Douyin in Chinese, is a hugely-popular music video and social networking platform for Android and iOS devices. It is currently the most downloaded application in the world, with 45.8 million on the first quarter of 2018 and has now reportedly reached 150 million daily active users. But more recently, cybersecurity experts have raised concerns about the lack of privacy settings in the app. Moreover, the world’s currently most downloaded application is facing scrutiny in some parts of the world; for example, Tik Tok has been banned in Indonesia for what have been deemed negative-content videos that are considered to be a bad influence on the youth.
Simple tutorials to delete Tik Tok account or video
How to delete Tik Tok account
With that being said, you might want to remove your personal or sibling’s account for safe precautions. You can check out the steps below on how to delete Tik Tok account.
- Open your Tik Tok app, and then tap the “Account” icon.
- Then, tap the “3 dots” icon that is located at the right top hand side of its interface.
- Now, select “Privacy and Settings” > “Manage My Account” > “Phone Number”, then enter your phone number and wait for the 4-digit code. Once you have received the code, insert and enter the code on your mobile device.
- After that, navigate to “Thinking about removing your account?” then wait for the verification code that will allow you to delete your account.
- Last, input the code > tap “Continue” > read the terms > then scroll down below and hit “Continue”.
Note: Once you deactivate Tik Tok account, all information about it including the videos you have created will be deleted. This act is irreversible and permanent.